First Bannerman Island Tours Of 2019 Announced
Bannerman Island is a treasure that is unique to the Hudson Valley. In recent years, much effort has been made to rehab the run-down structures and bring the island back to life. And now comes word that the first tours of 2019 have been announced. Last year was the busiest on the island yet when more than 9,000 people made the trip. They've been offering a variety of activities including movies and even live action plays.
Tours will resume the weekend of May 4 and the first departure will be at 11 AM. These specific tours will offer departures from both Beacon and Newburgh and will most likely sell out in advance.
A guided walking tour of the island is part of the tour and will include access to the newly opened Bannerman family residence. Tours this year will also include access to parts of the island that have been previously inaccessible.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3PM to 7PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America